Sunday, 30 August 2015

If I Was A Poet.....

I have become a bit obsessed with Erin Hanson on Pinterest recently (as any one who follows me will know after I pinned about seven pieces in five minutes a couple of weeks ago). She writes so beautifully. It's exactly how I would love to write poetry, but I don't have the words like Erin does.

She makes everything sound ethereal yet real.

Harsh yet romantic.

Magical yet ordinary.

Idealistic yet realistic.

Her poems are literally some of the most gorgeous things I've ever read.

And I think my favourite of all has to be the one below. It is everything I want to tell my children, but they are only 3 and six months old and currently have trouble understanding the word 'No'.

So, whilst this may currently be wasted on them, I'm hoping to get a print of it to display in the house. To remind them (and me) that this is what is important:

From poeticunderground.com
Cuddle Fairy

10 comments:

  1. That is really beautiful. I can totally understand why you want to print it off and keep it for your children. That's such a lovely idea ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I just love it. Sometimes, on the more sleep deprived days, it makes me well up with emotion :)

      Delete
  2. That's a great poem! Thanks for sharing! Visiting from #candidcuddles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love this off to read some more of Erin's work, thanks for sharing! #candidcuddles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popping over from #CandidCuddles =) Absolutely beautiful. I may have to stalk, I mean follow her on Pinterest myself. Don't forget to stop by Two Uses Tuesday to share your recipes, crafts, upcycles & DIYs & your pinnable images at Pinbellish (on Friday) over at Sarah Celebrates if you don't already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have me inspired to look at some more of this poet's pieces! How beautifully written these words truly are. It's so true- we are defined by what makes us who we are, rather than the things we're not. Thank you so much for linking up with #candidcuddles! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way it is written and the message behind it so much :)

      Delete
  6. What beautiful words & they are just what every child should be told. Thanks so much for linking up with #candidcuddles x

    ReplyDelete